LOTSW finally axed by the BBC

TopCat® 18:05 02 Jun 2010

A few new episodes will be shown later this summer. click here

All good things come to an end as they say and, after 37 years, I for one will certainly miss their antics and that glorious Yorkshire scenery on the small screen. TC.

canarieslover 19:25 02 Jun 2010

There have been a lot of changes in the cast over the years but it has still remained a fairly lovable series.

morddwyd 19:51 02 Jun 2010

Although some of the others have been there a long time, I think Peter Sallis is the only original left.

I think I've told the story before about being out of sight round a corner in a bar I used to frequent with a couple of mates.

When a couple of visitors went to sit at the table we often used the barman said, "I wouldn't sit there, that's "Last of the Summer Wine" country!

I took it as a compliment and still do!

Armchair 21:51 02 Jun 2010

They should repeat it, from the first programme. I used to quite like it, but latterly they brought in too many weak characters imo.

BT 08:40 03 Jun 2010

There's a couple of episodes on UKGOLD most days.

You could never replace Compo or Foggy. I could not get on with Seymour but I think Truly was/is a fitting follow up for Foggy with a similar character.

Recent episodes have only had Clegg and Truly in cameo appearences, probably finding it difficult now due to their advancing years.

morddwyd 08:58 03 Jun 2010

I think Blamire, the original, was my favourite "third character".

I though Russ Abbott was dire.

Quickbeam 09:02 03 Jun 2010

I thought it was past it's sell by date when Blamire was in it, and he was only in 2 series!

But hey ho, some people enjoy watching paint dry...

Clapton is God 12:29 03 Jun 2010

Why on earth it took the BBC 37 years to axe this programme is a mystery to me.

36 years 364 days too late IMO.

Quickbeam 14:08 03 Jun 2010

After 37 years they might as well have gone for a grand 40th anniversary finale series...

Armchair 14:28 03 Jun 2010

Thanks for the info., but I only have council tv.

ronalddonald 14:51 03 Jun 2010

Ooooohhhh eck me friends are going shame on you BBC getting rid of me friends how could you.
WE were a good bunch walking up and down the hills, watching those sheep.

oh wherse me hat and walking stick im off for a walk

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Intel Coffee Lake release date and specifications

12 Amazing British Craft Beer Label Designs

watchOS 4 review

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017