The "Lords" are at it too

anchor 12:37 14 May 2009

It seems the House of Lords are involved in another financial scandal:

click here

peter99co 13:09 14 May 2009

Wheels within wheels. They just charge a fee to oil the wheels. Maybe a forum member can think of the correct technical term for this practice?

peter99co 13:23 14 May 2009

We will have to wait and see.

click here

oresome 13:47 14 May 2009

An "advanced degree of self satisfaction" with a tendency to "ramble" and become "easily confused".

I'm not talking about the FE or a forum member here!

This is what the critical report says about Lord Taylor who offered journalists introductions.

Just how much decision making does he and others like him do on my behalf?

JanetO 15:05 14 May 2009

It reminds me of the cash for questions revelations a while back. Neil Hamilton intimated at the time it was prevelant but he was the only one caught.

Kevscar1 16:06 14 May 2009

We knew about this 4 months ago why are you bringing it up now

GANDALF <|:-)> 16:15 14 May 2009

errrmmm..because a Lord's committee announced today that two of the disgraced graces are heading for a 6 month suspension for being willing to change laws in exchange for cash.

It gets better though....'The Met decided not to proceed with a criminal investigation citing, among other factors, the difficulty in obtaining evidence due to the convention of parliamentary privilege governing members' correspondence and other activities'. I thought that trying to alter the law of the land through monetary advantage was a little bit criminal?

G

johndrew 16:17 14 May 2009

`.. charge a fee to oil the wheels. Maybe ..`

I can but I think it would be removed if I did :-|

The worst part is that it looks as if both of those found `guilty` will get away with a smacked wrist rather than being stripped of their titles and given some hard labour.

Bingalau 18:01 14 May 2009

They will all deny any wrongdoing of course, but was it Christine Keeler or Mandy Rice Davies who said "Well, they would say that...wouldn't they"?

laurie53 20:22 14 May 2009

Mandy (Rice Davis not Mandelson!)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleures tablettes 2017