Look out - here comes ISON [ from December ]

Aitchbee 13:57 22 Nov 2013
  Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:05 22 Nov 2013

Well the Russians should see this one coming ;0) they have had a couple of near misses in the last hundred or so years.

Mr Mistoffelees 15:23 22 Nov 2013

I would rather see a programme after the comet has passed through, telling us what was discovered, than a programme speculating about what might be discovered.

morddwyd 19:33 22 Nov 2013

Saw it this morning. South of east, just as dawn is breaking. Got quite a good tail, about as big as the 1857 one for those that remember.

I'm getting the frankincense and myrrh ready!

Aitchbee 19:41 22 Nov 2013

Mr Mistoffolees ... all that you need is a clear sky above [look to the eastern horizon] and a willingness to go outdoors when it's freezing, perhaps ... and, no explanations are necessary.

PCA Observer, morddwyd can back-me-up, on this occasion :o]

Mr Mistoffelees 19:48 22 Nov 2013

Aitchbee, I have to go outside when it's cold, I have a dog to walk!

You need to do more than just look-up to the sky unaided, to learn from it what the scientists are hoping to learn.

Aitchbee 20:00 22 Nov 2013

Mr Mistoffelees ... I'm so glad that I don't have a dog to distract me [ especially ] whenever maurading rogue comets are shuffling about the heavens ... above. ;o]

PS. I don't give 'two-hoots' what so-called astro-scientists may think or conjecture [is that a verb?] about comets!

rdave13 20:11 22 Nov 2013

Aitchbee can you sometimes just say what you mean without the jiggery pokery of the English language? Possibly get rid of the brackets?

Just a thought, but your lateral thinking might not allow it. :)

Aitchbee 20:49 22 Nov 2013

I will [reluctantly] 'jettison' [into outer-space] my square brackets [never to be seen again] ... there ... they're gone now ... is everybody happy? [now]

rdave13 20:59 22 Nov 2013

Aitchbee [ yes at last] {I think}, (may be)

:)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?