Long Live Social Networking

morddwyd 08:27 11 Nov 2010

"It emerged in August that a married mother-of-three from Shropshire had received nearly £16,000 in housing and council tax benefits over a two-year period after claiming she was a single-parent living alone.

Council officers found pictures of her celebrating her birthday with her husband and praising their 16 years of happy marriage on her Facebook site. She was sentenced to a 12-month community order."

click here

Nice one!

Quickbeam 08:29 11 Nov 2010

again...

interzone55 08:53 11 Nov 2010

Here's a lesson for everyone.

Keep your photos on facebook private for viewing by friends only.

And if you're committing benefit fraud make sure there's no housing officers on your friends list.

The same goes for sickies and bosses...

Quickbeam 09:16 11 Nov 2010

do the benefits staff now monitor these sites?

jack 09:21 11 Nov 2010

Me fear - or any other mass broadcasting system - including of course as is well know by those of you who know me - banking.
I do purchase things on line- and have a special low limit card for that sole purpose- but I am alway introuble withPayPal and its I/D routines.

interzone55 09:35 11 Nov 2010

It's a possibility, but more likely a friend of a friend who stumbled across the pictures...

morddwyd 10:03 11 Nov 2010

The link makes it quite clear that they do.

Quickbeam 06:37 12 Nov 2010

I plead guilty to not clicking on it as you gave too much information in your opening post to bother!

morddwyd 07:36 12 Nov 2010

Yeah! It was just meant as a reference in case somebody doubted the story (as if anybody would, on this website!)!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?