Long holiday for some coming up?

Blackhat 18:00 21 Feb 2011

It’s to do with Easter followed by Royal wedding followed by early May bank holiday.
11 days with only Tue,Wed & Thu in-between for work (if you do a Mon to Fri day job that is).

Had a staff meeting and I have decided to close both factories from Thu 21 April until Tue 3 May. Staff have agreed to crank up production the week before Easter to clear any orders and have a nice long break. Also, Easter is always a quiet time of year for us anyway.

I wonder if many other companies have considered this, why not just shut down for 3 days (if that is doable?) Save on overheads etc and every one gets a good break!

wids001 09:32 22 Feb 2011

Doesn't affect me as a pensioner, however, one of my sons, who works in the civil engineering supply trade was told by his employers that they are not recognising the Royal Wedding Friday as a public holiday and everyone will be expected to work as normal.

Blackhat, as an employer to you know if this is legal?

Blackhat 10:11 22 Feb 2011

It may well depend on individual contract details but in general it is not a legal requirement to allow time of on a bank holiday

Some info here
click here

sunnystaines 11:40 22 Feb 2011

could be even longer if going away by air, another iceland volcano is grumbling and warning issued in iceland that they could be up to an eruption around easter onwards.

Blackhat 11:51 22 Feb 2011

Icelandic volcano story is not true, media hype.
click here

Quickbeam 13:38 22 Feb 2011

We're having an Icelandic volcano holiday as well...?

Strawballs 13:45 22 Feb 2011

We do our 37 hour week mon to thurs so good fri and wedding not extra days anyway

sunnystaines 14:03 22 Feb 2011

thanks for the link

spuds 16:17 22 Feb 2011

I hope that you have someone manning phones etc, because this type of holiday arrangements can bring joy to some competitors.

The Christmas and New Year breaks caused some right havocs around my neck of the woods. Some places open when others were closed, and not notifying their customers.

Blackhat 17:19 22 Feb 2011

Phones will be on divert to mine for 3 days, plus if anything needed urgently I am only a few minutes from my factories. I will also be monitoring emails.

I bet I only get nuisance calls though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?