Login Issues on PC

Crosstrainer2 09:18 28 Jun 2011
Answered

Is anyone having trouble logging in? I can using my iPad, but my PC just sits at the " Please wait" screen

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 09:54 28 Jun 2011

No its fine here.

birdface 10:06 28 Jun 2011

No getting the please wait sign when trying to post but it usually does after a few seconds or so.

Forum Editor 10:35 28 Jun 2011

I'm not near a PC at the moment, but there are no problems logging in or posting from my iPad.

birdface 10:36 28 Jun 2011

Looks like you were not the only one.link text

The site was a bit slow this morning at times but is Ok now.

birdface 10:36 28 Jun 2011

Oops spoke to soon.Please wait was back again.

Crosstrainer2 10:37 28 Jun 2011
Answer

Hmm, fine on iPad no go on PC am running full malware scan which I will follow by full av scan. Strange though, I have not changed any firewall or router settings.

Will try again when scans complete. Might be poetic justice as I am not allowed to sit at the computer anyway :))

Crosstrainer2 12:12 28 Jun 2011

Complete av and anti- malware scans report clean. Still no joy, PC sits at the login screen with " please wait" I waited, and waited and for good measure I waited some more. No go.

My iPad works fine. I have a theory: the iPad remembers me so I do not have to login every time I want to visit the site.

I have tried logging out from my iPad, still no joy. Going back to my iPad reveals that I'm still logged in despite logging out previously. Could this be a clue?

Crosstrainer2 15:04 28 Jun 2011

Have now managed to log in! but i've forgotten what I was going to post :)) will tick resolved!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?