Locked Thread

Bingalau 09:56 06 Oct 2007

Is there a way of bumping the locked charity thread to the top every now and then? To remind the forgetful types like me.

Diemmess 10:18 06 Oct 2007

If you feel strongly enough you could float a new thread with a title like "Christmas Donations instead of Presents" and the link.

Pad out the title with the aims of the thread, but DO make it clear that all you want is an occasional bump and that ONLY.

You DO NOT want anyone to expand or name any charity, which FE is bound to delete for the good reasons he has already given.

Bingalau 10:35 06 Oct 2007

Diemmess. I don't want anything like that sorry, I just thought that the FE's comments will vanish as the days go by if it is not brought to the top now and again.

Probabilitydrive 10:42 06 Oct 2007

Why not get yourself sticky-notes for your PC and have a reminder on your desktop? click here

The Brigadier 10:44 06 Oct 2007

My recent thread was locked for a good reason all has been explained off the forum.

Diemmess 10:45 06 Oct 2007

Sure, I wasn't wagging a finger!
The original thread will slide away inexorably but the message could be revived by the sort of process I suggested.

Once there you could ask for no extra posts and just bump it yourself - occasionally.

€dstowe 11:00 06 Oct 2007

A note in the page header and in the Forum Rules is all that is required.

Any errant posts then can be deleted as is the norm with other rule breaking threads.

Forum Editor 11:11 06 Oct 2007

"we generally discourage the use of the forum for making charitable appeals, or for linking
to external websites that contain such appeals. We believe that our forum members have the right to make up
their own minds about donations to charitable causes, without any sense of pressure from other forum users.
Charity-related threads are only permitted in rare and exceptional circumstances, and the decision as to what is
an exceptional circumstance rests with the forum editor. We will routinely delete any threads or posts that refer
to appeals of this nature."

€dstowe 12:57 06 Oct 2007

Ahh! Perhaps just in the page header with the other does and don'ts then as a more immediate reminder.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?