LloydsTSB Spoofs & Scams

€dstowe 18:44 29 Jan 2007

I had lunch with my bank manager today and he was telling me of some of the current scams that are appearing to do with banking. Apart from the usual Internet "update your details" type there is a new one offering up to two years free car/home/holiday/any other insurance - just complete the application with your account details and leave it to them.

A similar scam is being done through the post as well - fill in the form and post it back.

The scam I posted about a few weeks ago where there was a message saying "This is an important call from LloydsTSB. Press any key to continue" is now becoming fairly common. The numbers are dialled at random by automatic diallers and when they get a hit, the recorded message is played and then if the instruction is followed to press any key you are connected to the con artist who tries to extract your banking details.

€dstowe 18:46 29 Jan 2007

Sorry, folks. Posted in the wrong forum. Have asked for it to be moved.

Forum Editor 19:14 29 Jan 2007

from the Helproom.

€dstowe 20:34 29 Jan 2007

Thanks.

dunk 00:26 30 Jan 2007

Hopefully nobody on this site would be silly enough to fall for these, but I thought I would post these examples of scam emails in circulation from the Lloyds site

click here

A lot of people are now aware of the "we need to update your details" type of scam but I guess many people interested in the free deals may be caught out by this sort of one.

Thanks for informing us.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?