A little "Something" for the weekend?

Condom 00:38 17 Oct 2009

I'm trying to complete my collection of Beatle Acetates recordings (not the originals just mp3 copies) but cannot get "Something" by George Harrison. Anyone out there able to help at all.

I'm unsure what the position is with regard to passing these particular Mp3 files around but as the recordings were given out free I'm hoping the usual copyright issues don't apply as I don't want to cause anyone any problems or recriminations.

Forum Editor 00:47 17 Oct 2009

by the originators doesn't mean that there's no copyright. A copyright holder is perfectly at liberty to distribute free copies of a recording, but that doesn't place it in the public domain as far as copyright is concerned.

BRYNIT 01:17 17 Oct 2009

I've not listened to the Beetles for a long time but found "Something" by the Beetles on youtube

click here
click here

Reminds me of my younger days doesn't time fly as you get older.

Condom 02:16 17 Oct 2009

Thanks for that Brynit. Nice to see George again in happier times. I do have all the Beatles tracks and what I am actually looking for was a copy of "Something" from one one these little flimsy acetate disks that magazines and fan clubs used to issue for free. I sometimes wonder what an old greyhead like me is doing looking for things like this but all collectors of anything I suppose do like getting the final piece of the jigsaw so to speak.

crosstrainer 08:58 17 Oct 2009

Don't know if this will help...I remember the likes of NME giving away those flimsy singles in the day's of my youth too :)) (Many years ago) :((

click here

jack 09:17 17 Oct 2009

Condom

Reminds me of the closing comment of my barber of fifty years ago
Sigh - those were the days!
;[email protected]

crosstrainer 09:19 17 Oct 2009

Clever though :))

Condom 10:41 17 Oct 2009

Jack
Know what you mean now but when I was a lad I wouldn't have known what that meant. I must have lived a sheltered life despite being brought up in Glasgow. Crosstrainer Until recently I didn't know that this track existed. A friend tells me he has seen it as an added track on a Russian version of a Beatles album but there is a chance he is winding me up.

crosstrainer 11:23 17 Oct 2009

I've looked on the US, Japanese, Uk, and pan global sites....I can't find it anywhere....Perhaps your mate IS winding you up :))

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:13 17 Oct 2009

Something
track 10 2nd disk
The Beatles 1967 - 1970 (blue cover) two 2 disk set released 1973

Is this the one you want?

Condom 22:43 17 Oct 2009

Hi Fruit Bat, Crosstrainer and Jack
That is the song but the professional version. Anyway thanks everyone who showed an interest. My son who clearly must have more computer skills of the dodgy kind than I have produced the track for me in MP3 format earlier this evening.

It has George singing with what sounds like an accoustic guitar and there is a little musical backing from I suppose the other Beatles. It sounds much like an unplugged version. Clearly it has had some finishing as the sound is not bad considering it originally came from an acetate but it has retained some of the original tinny sound. Guess who's a happy bunny tonight.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?