Lips

sunny staines 12:52 01 Jul 2008

there has been a surge in female presenters having their top lip turned up and nearly inside out which looks dreadful not sure why they do it or is it just me. They all cannot be failed plastic surgery.

wiz-king 13:02 01 Jul 2008

If you had to read the same news every day then you would have your lip turned up.

spuds 13:04 01 Jul 2008

I think they call it vanity.

Who would be a celebrity, with an audience to please :O(

Cymro. 15:27 01 Jul 2008

When watching someone on the telly my wife will sometimes ask "has she had a face lift" I just answer her "yes I expect she has" after all the chances are that I am right as most of them do have some such work done these days. As spuds suggests vane people trying to please an audience.

peter99co 15:43 01 Jul 2008

Are we allowed to name names?

Chegs ®™ 22:52 01 Jul 2008

I was reading a piece in our local paper on female beauty,and was somewhat mystified to learn that women will have semi-permanent tattoos for eye-liner and eye-brows,also they have lipstick used in a similar way.Yuck.

micky d 23:52 01 Jul 2008

there has been a surge in female presenters having their top lip turned up and nearly inside out which looks dreadful not sure why they do it or is it just me. They all cannot be failed plastic surgery.

You know why don't you?

HDTV!

They don't want us to see all their 'nooks & crannies'.

norman47 01:44 02 Jul 2008

backsides.

Collogen inplants can be taken from the patients buttocks and implanted into their lips.
click here

€dstowe 06:45 02 Jul 2008

Yet another symptom of the dumbing down of society where the messenger assumes infinitely more importance than the message. Male viewers ogle the bimbos and any women watching just exude envy - with neither of them hearing the news being broadcast.

The newsreaders that do know what their jobs are supposed to be get shoved on programmes in the graveyard slot or as a filler for when everyone is watching soap operas.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Nokia 8 vs Galaxy S8

Best new design books 2017: From vintage infographics to the the psychology of type

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Nokia 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie