Lifestyle guru

joel6429 20:15 09 Jul 2007

I watched part of a TV show recently on which a member of the panel was introduced as a "lifestyle guru".
Does any forum member know how you get a job like that and what it pays.
Seems that the only qualification needed is the ability to bullsh** with a styraight face.

GANDALF <|:-)> 20:39 09 Jul 2007

Anyone who 'needs' a Lifestyle Guru is probably to dense to understand what they would say.

G

Belatucadrus 21:30 09 Jul 2007

You wouldn't perhaps be thinking of our erstwhile PM Monsieur Blair and Carol Caplin would you ?

GANDALF <|:-)> 21:35 09 Jul 2007

It would be improper of me to kick a man whilst he is down.

G

madgamer234 21:38 09 Jul 2007

"lifestyle guru".
it sounds like a nice little number.
it could also be a smoke screen for some of the fluff like type of media/tv personality or journalist to make it big.
ah,maybe not.

Stuartli 21:44 09 Jul 2007

This well-known gentleman seems to have done OK:

click here

interzone55 21:46 09 Jul 2007

It wouldn't be a chap from Rochdale who calls himself Lord Speakman.

The man's an utter tosser who bought himself a title and somehow feels he's in a position to tell people how to run their lives.

If he cut off the mullet more people might listen to his advice.

Si_L 22:51 09 Jul 2007

Isn't a Lifestyle Guru someone you employ through a company who basically runs your life, ie, you take take of your job and don't have enough hours in the day, so you employ them to make sure your life runs smoothly, everything from doing laundry, booking taxis, the list is endless.

Kate B 23:00 09 Jul 2007

Not really - a lifestyle guru is someone who tells you how to live your life on a kind of cod-spiritual level *rolls eyes*. Usually employed by someone rich and insecure.

Forum Editor 23:19 09 Jul 2007

worry constantly about their lives. I've met many of them, and had some of them as clients, and they are walking bundles of angst. Mostly they have too much time on their hands, so they dabble in just about every new thing that comes along.

Not that long ago it was personal trainers, now it's lifestyle gurus. I have one female client who runs a very successful PR company, and once when I turned up for a meeting there was another woman in the office hitting crystal bowls filled with varying amounts of water. I had to sit there whilst this crystal bowls session played itself out, and the client announced herself "refreshed". No doubt the bowl-hitter's bank account was also 'refreshed' -I swear I saw a smirk on her face as she gathered up her bowls and left.

Kate B 23:20 09 Jul 2007

Each to their own, I guess - generally I don't have anything against people who spend their own money in ways that others might consider foolish. I guess I just wish I'd hit on such a great idea for making piles of cash.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?