lewis hamilton

polish 23:10 21 Oct 2007

even though he is not a world champion i think we can all be proud of his achievments this season and he can go on and be world champion the way he has driven its hard to believe he is a rooky.

mrwoowoo 23:38 21 Oct 2007

He could still win it as there is an inquiry into the cars of BMW Sauber and Williams.
If they are disqualified then Hamilton is champ.
click here

cycoze 23:47 21 Oct 2007

Cannot see the FIA giving Hamilton the championship, will probably penalise the teams in some way.

On a lighter side i found this image of Kimi's many faces amusing click here

WhiteTruckMan 00:34 22 Oct 2007

Although I agree with the technical aspect of the fuel temperature, I cant help but wonder at the reasoning behind the rule, (and the person behind the rule, come to that). Its not going to give a huge advantage, to the extent of making the cars less safe because of the extra speed this may impart to them.

To me, it smacks of complication for the sake of it.

WTM

GANDALF <|:-)> 07:38 22 Oct 2007

First the football, then the rugby now the F1.....not going terribly well really.

G

Quickbeam 08:08 22 Oct 2007

A rugby team that gets to a world cup final against all odds and raises the sports profile enormously.

An F1 rookie that sets the usual tedium of the processional race into an exciting, to the wire last race finish.

To me that makes two out of three huge success stories.

There can only be one winner, and if your country doesn't quite make it, when there is a mutitude of other nations left in the wake of your own countries success... then that is a 'good game' in my book.

tullie 08:51 22 Oct 2007

Once the hysterior of the Rugby World Cup has died down things will return to normal,dont honestly see where the profile has been raised,its media hype.
The last race in the F1 championship dident appear to be nail biting in my opinion(though i saw very little).Once Hamilton had problems with the gearbox,he had no chance.
The problem with this country is that"we never quite make it",as long as we think that coming second is good enough we never will,i wont even mention footaball.Anyway thats my opinion,no doubts others will disagree.

dagbladet 09:01 22 Oct 2007

tullie

Your right, I do.

namtas 09:15 22 Oct 2007

For heavens sake stop putting the uk down - we are one of the best Nations in the world - be proud of our achievements.

tullie 09:34 22 Oct 2007

Im not puttng the UK down,just stating facts,we are talking about sport only,not any other achievements,whatever they may be.

Si_L 09:48 22 Oct 2007

How many other countries do you know who have a really strong team for rugby, football, cricket, etc.

We are the jack of all trades :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?