Letter from Vauxhall

Ex plorer 14:31 12 Feb 2015
Answered

Vauxhall have requested that I contact them and still the legal owner of the Vauxhall Astra I own, It has my Registration Number on the letter that arrived in this mornings post.

A telephone number is supplied 01609 710386, is this a sales ploy has anyone else received a letter like this.

mole1944 14:53 12 Feb 2015

Give them a ring could be a sales ploy,i expect it's a dealership,it could be a recall going on just ring the number after all you can always say no thanks and put the phone down.

carver 17:09 12 Feb 2015

Check here for any recalls but think you will find that they are more interested in buying your car at a very good price, if you buy a new one from them.

Ex plorer 17:29 12 Feb 2015

Give them a ring tomorrow, and let you know, sales ploy I bet. thanks for your replies.

Ex plorer 14:19 13 Feb 2015
Answer

Rang Vauxhall Yes it was Northallerton Branch as mentioned, they wanted me to confirm that I was still the owner of said car and that was genuine request by Vauxhall.

Of course I was asked if I had thought about changing my car nothing pushy and thanked for my ringing.

bumpkin 22:31 13 Feb 2015

Of course it is a sales ploy, you were fortunate not to get the hard sell. Why would Vauxhall care if you are owner or not

mole1944 08:19 14 Feb 2015

Vauxhall like all motor manufactures like to keep up to date information on owners in case of recalls,i know because i worked for them at luton and retired in 2006 after 36 years service,and yes you'd expect the salesman to try to sell you another car.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?