letter arrived opened??

rickf 14:54 09 Feb 2010

What if anything should I do about this? The postman delivered a letter that was ripped opend by the PO.It's only a BT bill but it does look as if it was not opened by accident as there was a cut across the top flap of the envelope. Having just seen a Dispatches programme on C4 last night I ma a bit concerened. Should I complain? Is soemone stealing tel. nos. at the PO?

wiz-king 15:00 09 Feb 2010

If it was opened/ripped by the post office it should have been resealed into a plastic bag with a covering note. It may have been mis-delivered and the other person opened it without reading the address and put back into the post.

peter99co 15:08 09 Feb 2010

How long has it been in the post? Is there any date on it?

canarieslover 15:32 09 Feb 2010

I thought this was always the case in Her Majesty's Prisons. lol

birdface 15:43 09 Feb 2010

probably gone into a neighbors house and they have opened it unintentionally.Have realized their mistake and then put it in to your letter box.

Seth Haniel 16:07 09 Feb 2010

click here

e-Poll: Do you trust Royal Mail with your post?

rickf 17:06 09 Feb 2010

Sorry, I have not been specific enough. Yes, it was delivered in a sealed polythene bag with a note of apology from the PO. The thing is this is just standard procedure. The prog. last night showed how some PO sorting staff ripped opened envelopes, filmed with a hidden camera, took the money or any other valueable item and then just put the letter back in a sealed bag for delivery. It is worrying.

GANDALF <|:-)> 17:07 09 Feb 2010

'Is soemone stealing tel. nos. at the PO?'..PO workers may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer but I fail to see any reason for nicking telephone numbers...if there was then the directory would be under lock and key. Most likely a neighbour opened it by mistake and to be truthful this is not something I would waste any time worrying about. You could always 'go green' and have your bill delivered by email.

G

rickf 17:39 09 Feb 2010

You are probably right G.
Closing thread.

morddwyd 20:39 09 Feb 2010

I had a letter earlier this week which had clearly been opened.

Funny thing was, it was a quality control check letter from the local sorting office manager!

I returned it pointing out it had been opened.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?