Latest Poll

€dstowe 11:07 11 Jun 2007

"What do you look for most in a mobile phone?"

What I look for is a device which will do as a phone is supposed to do - work as a telephone. I don't want it to do all of these auxiliary things.

Luddite? Possibly but that's how it is.

Cymro. 11:47 11 Jun 2007

Like you €dstowe I just want a phone that does the basics. Like many items of new

technology things seem to get over engendered all the time. I wonder what they will

come up with next just to make us upgrade and so spend even more money. People

I know with a camera on their mobile hardly ever use it any way,

TalYasis 11:55 11 Jun 2007

Sounds like we're talking Vista Syndrome.
Or buy it and get everything thrown-in for the same price?

Si_L 12:20 11 Jun 2007

I look for a mobile which saves me having to have loads of other gadgets in my pockets, MP3 players, camera (although if my phone didn't have one, I would carry a camera round with me, but its amazing how much you use one when its on your phone), don't need a gameboy for bus journeys, don't need to wear a watch! The list goes on....

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:29 11 Jun 2007

1. Clear screen with large text
so I can see the incomming number without my reading glasses.

2. Reasonably spaced buttons
so I can press one at once.

3. Decent volume or even loud speaker.

4. Rings long enough for me to answer it befor it switches to message service.

Kate B 12:31 11 Jun 2007

I look for a nice-looking Sony Ericsson. I don't really use additional features - I've got an iPod and I think the cameras suck on phones. But I do care that the phone looks ok and I like the SE operating system.

picklsey 12:50 11 Jun 2007

i hate mobile phones altogether i have no time for them,my wife has two she bought one for me pay as you go but after a couple of months i gave it back with the full tenner on it.no point in me having something i won,t use.

Mad Gilbert 13:38 11 Jun 2007

Battery life is my main concern. Nothing worse than constantly having to charge your phone.

Nibblerman 14:23 11 Jun 2007

The deal,

if the contract is good enough for instance my contract is £17.50 for the first six months then it goes up to £35

but every month i get £180 worth of credit for calls & text's & ive got a top phone but i find i am like many others i dont use all the features.

anchor 14:35 11 Jun 2007

€dstowe- I`m with you.

The only thing I like about my relatively newer Nokia is that it has a loudspeaker, and the battery lasts a long time. I didn`t buy it, it was a gift.

Mike D 15:07 11 Jun 2007

I don't need ALL the extras, but I would dearly love a mobile that connects to Bluetooth just like they said it would when I bought it. I am now told that it is old technology (OK, it's 12 months old), which is why it won't connect everytime. That's not what it said on the tin !

Mike

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans échec ?