At last a Minister with some backbone

Kevscar1 23:47 01 Jul 2009

So Ronnie Biggs has to stay in Prison. Good he decide to go on the run and has never shown any remorse for the crime. In fact he used to love sticking his tongue out at the British Police.
He only came back here to get free medical treatment if he was still fit we wouldn't have seen him again.
Suppose we,ll have the do good brigade oout bleating now.
I,m almost tempted to vote Labour next time

Stuartli 00:14 02 Jul 2009

Any other decision would have ensured that Jack Straw would have felt the full wrath of the British public's anger.

Forum Editor 00:19 02 Jul 2009

the only one 'out bleating now' is Biggs' stupid son, who stood in front of the press reciting that well-worn mantra 'My dad has done his time, paid his debt to society, etc., etc."

Uboat 00:19 02 Jul 2009

Kevscar

Ronnie Biggs was & is clever man! ALthough they maybe some of you that hate him I respect that! But he was a lucky & clever person! all them years ago he lived another life! & there is lots more under the carpet than you may think!

His son is a lovely fella! & has the highest respect for his father! but is against the crime!

All will come out one day!

WhiteTruckMan 00:31 02 Jul 2009

He should be given housing on an inner city sink estate. I can think of quite a few off the top of my head which would be far worse than incarceration, especially with only an oap's minimum income to live off.

WTM

Forum Editor 00:37 02 Jul 2009

& has the highest respect for his father! but is against the crime! All will come out one day!"

What a lot of nonsense. What does having respect for his father have to do with anything?

As for 'all will come out' etc. There's nothing to come out. Biggs committed a crime, and he's in prison for it. He has shown no remorse - instead he obviously considers himself a bit of a celebrity. He deserves to stay where he is.

Quickbeam 00:42 02 Jul 2009

Such a pity he hasn't the backbone to apply the same rule of law to all the other un-remorseful thugs that get let out on early parole licences.

Does he really think that by making a big public issue out of Biggs, a bed ridden and now mute, old lag, staying in prison will convince us that they are tough on crime...?

jack 08:35 02 Jul 2009

until he dies

'Inside' or out his health is in such a parlous state[allegedly] he would not be able to lead an independent life.
As for serving his time - He never did- one year as a guest of her maj - the rest sitting it out in Brazil.
Release him to the care of his son- make him totally responsible for his lovely old dad- on his own resources.

Grey Goo 08:55 02 Jul 2009

...someone fancies themselves as the next PM. I guess that the man of straw thinks he will look good by this decision and improve his chances when the long knives come out for McBottle.

GANDALF <|:-)> 09:33 02 Jul 2009

You are confusing 'backbone' with 'no choice'. Straw is still as spineless a s ever.

G

Bingalau 10:31 02 Jul 2009

Isn't his son Brazilian anyway? Perhaps he should arrange to have his dad serve the rest of his time out in Brazil?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone