Ladybird book of learning music....anyone?

bof:) 16:23 12 Oct 2008

Hi all, having what appears to be a mental block for reading music, its been suggested (seriously) that I get the Ladybird book of learning to read music.

Anyone know where I can get a copy from please?

Many thanks,

Mike

spuds 17:30 12 Oct 2008

I would imagine that any good bookshop like WH Smiths, Waterhouse or Borders should be able to source a copy, if they do not have one in stock.

Pineman100 17:38 12 Oct 2008

Is this the one?

click here

NewestRoyWidd1 18:53 12 Oct 2008

Have you tried your local library?

Arthur Scrimshaw 19:16 12 Oct 2008
  bof:) 10:28 13 Oct 2008

Hi all,

I've contacted Ladybird via phone, it seems they have never produced a book about learning to read music.

So, it seems that the person who told me to get the book was mistaken about having had it once.

Thank you for all of your help,

Mike

spuds 10:43 13 Oct 2008

Just a thought,if you have a discount bookstore, like The Works in your area, it might pay to visit them. I tend to find that they carry a fair range of different books including music types, at very good discounted prices.

Browse before you buy perhaps.

Have you also tried a Google search, because there are some text and video tutorial programs that might cover your needs.There are some free good ones on how to play the guitar for instance.

Quickbeam 17:36 13 Oct 2008

You want one of these books click here 6 pages and you can play perfectly...

paddyjack 21:16 13 Oct 2008

You could look here click here

bof:) 14:25 15 Oct 2008

Hi all, Quickbeam thanks for the link. They are wonderful are they not? I can remember having 8 hours of Tom and Jerry cartoons on a video tape for my kids when they where little. I used t sit with them and watch too when I had time. If only learning was that easy.

spuds, unfortunately our discount book store closed down a few years ago, but I'll keep looking in the charity shops we have. Thank you for the idea.

paddyjack, thank you for the link. I'll sit working my way through the steps and see how I go.

The you everyone for your help its greatly appreciated.

Fingers crossed I may yet be able get the basics and have a go at the guitar my sons given me. With the words...'here you go Dad here's something to keep you occupied'.

He suggests I have a go at Tabulation first but not quite sure what that is?

I'll be playing yet :-) (with fingers uncrossed) LOL

bof:) 14:28 15 Oct 2008

Hi all, spuds I'm off to look for the free video tutorials on how to play the guitar you suggested. Could you list a few links for me please.

Many thanks,

Mike

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?