Korean firm bids to clone dead pets

barca1 21:41 15 Feb 2008

Not sure if this is OLD news but i found it wierd..

click here

rdave13 21:58 15 Feb 2008

Heard on Radio 4 news today that an American lady will be paying that amount to clone her dead Pit Bull. Wonder if it will answer to the same name?

tullie 00:53 16 Feb 2008

Hope they never clone Mother in Laws

robgf 02:09 16 Feb 2008

What a waste of money.
Your not getting your pet back, just one with the same genetic make up. Why not just buy another of the same breed, species etc.
Animals have been producing copies of themselves for years (it's called breeding), for free, why use a very expensive technique, to produce the same thing.

Pineman100 09:42 16 Feb 2008

Sounds like The Dead Parrot sketch may need updating.

Grey Goo 10:07 16 Feb 2008

You could get your "Pal" stuffed and place it on the fireplace instead of cloning. Makes a very low maintenance pet and can also be used as a doorstop on occasions.

interzone55 16:05 16 Feb 2008

Korea has been cloning western technology, and often improving it, for years, so I don't see this as too much of a surprise.

Sadly, the fact that some American woman with more money than sense is spending $150,000 to clone her dead pit bull, is also not a surprise.

I don't think she realises that Booger 2.0 will not have the same personality has Booger 1.0, so it will not be the same dog.

click here

WhiteTruckMan 16:08 16 Feb 2008

then its obviously worth while to hang on to the recipe.

WTM

Quickbeam 11:46 17 Feb 2008

"I don't think she realises that Booger 2.0 will not have the same personality has Booger 1.0, so it will not be the same dog."

Who wants exactly the same personality as before... part of the fun of growing up with pets or kids is the memories that bring that personality to life. You can't replicate those, they only happen once.

igk 13:39 17 Feb 2008

Makes a change from the morons eating them!!
They have been cloning themselves for years that is why there are so many of them!

interzone55 15:07 17 Feb 2008

Which is why it's stupid paying that sort of money getting your previous pet cloned...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017