Kill It, Cook It, Eat It

royalflush 22:59 06 Mar 2007

Has anyone been watching this programme...?
omg its "Differant" i suppose i should say,i watched lastnights (5th) with the cows..& i am watching tonights with the sheep..not for animal lovers or anyone anyone who gets upset easy...

click here

terryf 23:19 06 Mar 2007

Watch Shawn the Sheep (BBC1 in the afternoon) instead

chocolate cake 00:10 07 Mar 2007

It was fascinating I admit but having spent a few happy hours in my youth helping out in a friends slaughter house I find that it lacked some of the sensation of the real thing.

the smell was something that gets to you after a few hours as well as the noises of the beasts.

Jak_1 00:26 07 Mar 2007

Most of us eat meat! The human race is by nature omnivorous and therefore by eating meat that is our most plentiful supply of protein. People tend to baulk at killing animals for food as being cuel but are more than prepared to buy meat from the butcher or eat a steak in a restaurant!
It is very easy to succumb to wanting to protect all animals because they look so vunerable and let someone else do the nescassary (I can never spell that word!) in order for us to have it on the plate. I have killed rabbits for eating and have to admit that looking at frightened eyes does fill me with a sense of guilt! However, I look to the food chain and our part in it and do the required cull.
I eat meat but I also respect the vegitarian for their way of life without meat.
I do however firmly believe that any animal intended for food should be culled in the most humane way possible.

Mark5001 06:15 07 Mar 2007

Never Eat Cake Eat Salmon Sandwiches And Remain Young. The first letters of each of the words spells it out :-)

spuds 12:24 07 Mar 2007

Kill It, Cook It, Eat It as been around since time began virtually.

I have undertaken those three events on many occasions, in my younger years. But as time moves on, you begin to think in different ways, more so if cruelty was/are involved in the killing process.

Kate B 12:27 07 Mar 2007

I think it's a good idea - people are very divorced from the process by which food arrives on the plate and it's not a bad thing to have a sense of it. Mind you, I'm squeamish. I could watch the lamb being stunned but the moment it started getting red and bloody, I switched over.

The Brigadier 12:33 07 Mar 2007

I'm a veggie & have been for 25 years since meeting Mrs B.

Brock100 17:01 07 Mar 2007

Having worked in an abattoir and eaten a small mountain of meat fish and poultry in my time I believe we all have a responsibility to know where our food comes from.It amazed me recently to hear my sisters grandchildren talking, they had no idea that beef was from cows.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone