Kidnapping Might be Illegal in Australia

morddwyd 09:27 15 Nov 2011

We might think we have crime problems, but in Australia they are about to "investigate whether any criminal offence had been committed." after two prison guards were taken hostage!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-15716039

Even our Home Secretary might be able to determine this without an enquiry.

Quickbeam 10:10 15 Nov 2011

"Even our Home Secretary might be able to determine this without an enquiry."

You sound quite confident about that statement...

spuds 11:45 15 Nov 2011

I wonder who will be entitled to compensation. The guards or the prisoner's?.

Aitchbee 11:55 15 Nov 2011

This sounds like a scene from an episode of 'CELL BLOCK H'...a 'sheilas' nick'.

Bingalau 14:18 15 Nov 2011

Sub-human living conditions are what we should have in our prisons here too. Most of the inmates are used to that type of life, in as much as they behave like sub-humans when they are at liberty to choose. I for one think that when people choose to spend most of their lives in the nick, then it must be to cushy. There's a thing doing the rounds by e-mail at present which jokingly suggests we should put all our pensioners/senior citizens in the prisons and to put the bad guys in old age pensioners places. There they would be able to find out how tough it is to be a pensioner compared to being a pampered prisoner. There could be a lot of truth in what it suggests happens at present.

spuds 14:39 15 Nov 2011

Bingalau, don't start me on that subject. I have a rather large complex of pensioner housing opposite my home, and a even more larger YOI (Young Offenders Institute).

Comparing the two places, I know which offers the best privileges.

When the 'new' government came into power, and made the cut-backs on building new additions to prisons etc, the previous government had already spent £1.2m on planning and putting in an access road for building purposes to the YOI opposite. This as all now been thrown away, the drawings have been shelved,the building contract discontinued (with penalty payments made), and the access road as been replaced back to original, because the project is no longer going ahead.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?