Kettering Northants

Coffee Adict 21:39 09 Feb 2008

I know this is a long shot but would anyone be familiar with Kettering in the late 1920's or early 1930's.
The reason I ask is I have a cutting from a newspapaper of my fathers brothers death but no date. On the the reverse is an advertisement for a chemists called Tiny Tots Chemists, Market Place Kettering.
I'm taking a stab at the date and would like to narrow it down if poss.

octal 23:02 09 Feb 2008

I'm not sure if it helps, have you asked the local newspapers? Because they might have archives, I suspect you will have to look yourself. The other thing that comes to mind is a local historian who might be able to narrow it down a bit. You might be able to get the name of a person from the local library.

birdface 12:39 10 Feb 2008

click here Registry office, Evening Telegraph.It is the local paper,But not sure if it was then.

birdface 12:39 10 Feb 2008
  Woolwell 15:16 10 Feb 2008

Try freebmd click here with a search for your uncle's death. This will give you the year and quarter if he is listed. With that information you can order a copy of the death certificate from the General Register Office (GRO).

Coffee Adict 20:26 10 Feb 2008

Thanks everyone for you replies, I have used and do use FreeBMD but they haven't got that far yet. As I am unsure of the exact date trying to contact anyone who might have some info would be a nightmare for them even a five year span is a lot of people. The only saving grace is I do know he died on new years day, so at least a long trawl through a whole year would be unneccessary. I have saved your links buteman just in case something pops up. Only last year I made contact with a family who were related to a cousin of my grandmothers and surprisingly there were a couple of people we both remembered but at different times in their lives, so nothing is impossible.

birdface 21:28 10 Feb 2008

Hi.Maybe if you could give us his full name.Even if it was in the newspaper and we found out the date.Are you looking for relations that may still live here.If you don't want to post his name on here feel free to post it to me using the little envelope.I probably wont be able to find out myself but might know someone that can.

birdface 09:18 11 Feb 2008

Hi.Ignore that last one,The person I thought could help is not available.

Coffee Adict 14:59 11 Feb 2008

Thanks for the offer, don't worry about it, I know it was a bit of a long shot.
I'm trying to avoid the relations, not find them :o)
I joined Ancestry.co.uk and have put the family tree on there, but must confess to having neglected my fathers side a little bit, all a bit non-conformist which doesn't make it easy.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

30 UK artists have created vibrant posters celebrating Pride London

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?