Kate B

rowdy 15:40 08 Nov 2006

I read with interest your stout defence of the PCA magazine recently. I received a complimentary copy of the December edition this morning. You are right they are trying hard to engage with the readership.

One item brought you to mind- Byteback, Ben Camm-Jones " Apples products are generally used by well-dressed,affluent, hip creatives ( or media types with kipper ties and interesting facial hair - and thats just the girls) "

See they can find interesting topics if they try.

rowdy

Kate B 15:49 08 Nov 2006

Hi rowdy - thanks for the thought. Actually, I was also robustly bashing PCA for its decision the other day to lead the homepage with the startling news that Vista will be retailed in a box, so although I'm robust I'm not slavish or undiscriminating.

Actually, I'd argue with the generalisation you quote: Apple products are used by all sorts of people, including but not exclusively hip media types. I use Apple products at one of my regular workplaces but I do not have interesting facial hair.

Sethhaniel 15:55 08 Nov 2006

click here

post 23 down (& 25)

;)

rowdy 15:56 08 Nov 2006

I ,of course, pictured you as a well dressed, affluent, hip ( as in with it ) creative type. I would not do anything as indeliKate as to refer to body hair when talking to or about a lady.

rowdy

Forum Editor 17:21 08 Nov 2006

almost every day, and I don't think I'm a hip creative - whatever that is.

picklefactory 17:59 08 Nov 2006

It's a new type of surgery for the not so young

ed-0 17:59 08 Nov 2006

I received two complimentary copies of the December magazine today.

PS I occasionally use a mac;-)

lisa02 18:32 08 Nov 2006

But do you wear fishy ties FE?

rowdy 18:39 08 Nov 2006

FE - no I have never considered you to be hip creative, imaginative maybe but you lack the spark that creative folk have.

ed-o, see what being a creative type brings,twice the good things in life. Are you female if not the item did not concern you.

I enjoy Kate B's contributions and admit I sought to provoke her into a response. Even old northerners recognise talent.

rowdy

Kate B 18:39 08 Nov 2006

*grumpy* I haven't had a free copy of the magazine. Nor do I wear fishy ties.

ed-0 18:53 08 Nov 2006

" Are you female if not the item did not concern you. "

I haven't read it, yet. When I do, I shall decide on both things.;-)

Kate B

I have a spare one or two you can have :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone