Just read a review of an e-Reader

wee eddie 03:07 01 Jun 2015

Apart from the usual technical stuff, there was also a comment that it was slightly better value than another which could only store about 3,000 books.

The price differential was about a tenner.

Totally ignoring the consideration that it would probably cost £18,000.oo to fill it with books. That is assuming one wanted books written by proper Authors in the last 75 years.

I think that I shall carry on using the library, until either DC or NS closes it.

morddwyd 08:31 01 Jun 2015

I don't use dedicated e-readers any more.

I find a suitably sized tablet, with a free e-reader application, more than adequate, with the added bonus of TV, radio, film and television!

Most of them come with a memory card which will store sufficient books for a half decent reference library.

BT 08:39 01 Jun 2015

I agree with morddwyd.

You can get a Kindle App and many other Apps that will enable you to use just about any Tablet or PC/Laptop to read electronic books. You don't need a separate E-Reader.

Al94 09:19 01 Jun 2015

I use both as trying to read a book on a tablet in bright sun on a beach doesn't work whereas on a Kindle e reader it does and easy to sync between the two.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:24 01 Jun 2015

I agree with Al94 tablets are'nt suitable for reading in bright sulight and my kindle batteries will last a couple of weeks or more.

I have about 4 and a half thousand e books but only keep 20 or so on the kindle.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?