Just my luck!

rawprawn 19:14 15 Jun 2011

My wife and I are celebrating our golden wedding annniversary this year, and have arranged a special holiday. To start our celebration we are to be picked up at home here in Yorkshire on the 29th June, driven to Heathrow where we will stay the night so we have plenty of time for our flight to Lisbon to start our holiday. Ooops, general public workers strike 30th, the day we are supposed to leave. I will not comment on it's validity, needless to say I never had a feather bedded pension nor any job security at all. I am to say the least disappointd

sunnystaines 19:16 15 Jun 2011

dont forget the queens wed anniv card now for all golden wed anniv. similar to the ones old biddes get at 100

sunnystaines 19:16 15 Jun 2011

dont forget the queens wed anniv card now for all golden wed anniv. similar to the ones old biddes get at 100

rawprawn 19:22 15 Jun 2011

Hi sunny, I would rather have my planned holiday

woodchip 20:03 15 Jun 2011

rawprawn At least you have a wife to celebrate it with, I lost my wife in 1994 just short of forty years. And it hurts just as much today 17 years on

woodchip 20:06 15 Jun 2011

PS I hope you enjoy your time together where ever you finish up. Me I would live in a tent on the moors if she was back with me

lucky1 20:08 15 Jun 2011

rawprawn - let's hope the strikes don't go ahead. It's going to bring chaos.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?