Just found a GOLD ring in my garden..?

charmingman 20:10 25 Jun 2008

Hi all we have recently moved inot this house & the garden is a right mess so today we was cleaning it all up & there a pile of old rotting leaves that have been there some time & my wife wasabout to finish baggin it all up when this ring dropped out of the leaves,

Weve been in touch with the previous home owners & they know nothing about it, they are muslims & the ring looks like its of a religeous background, can anyone hlep ID it & tell me if its worth anything..?

Thankx
heres the pics..

click here

click here

sunny staines 20:20 25 Jun 2008

KDM represents the % of impurites added to the pure gold in your ring its 16%.

sunny staines 20:25 25 Jun 2008

click here

read the link KDM is not used anymore as it was cadmium that was added a cancer causing heavy metal. probably indian /mid east origin.

take it to V&A museum or an auction house to get it identified.

birdface 23:50 25 Jun 2008

Just to be in the safe side make sure nobody has been digging any holes near where you found the ring.

Forum Editor 00:24 26 Jun 2008

dropped out of rotting leaves is a pretty good indication that it hadn't been there very long. I doubt that it will pay off the mortgage.

Quickbeam 00:41 26 Jun 2008

unless Gandalf comes knocking on the door and tells you a long tale of woe and to start out on a long journey:))

GANDALF <|:-)> 07:35 26 Jun 2008

Flog it and trouser the cash although I doubt if you will get much.

G

FatboySlim71 09:09 28 Jun 2008

If there is an hallmark and you attach a picture I may be able to give you a date.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?