Jonathan Creek

robgf 00:48 02 Jan 2009

I was looking forward to Jonathan Creek, but was rather disappointed, with the distinct lack of realism.
Where were the police? First a girl goes missing and nobody seems particularly bothered and the police aren't called. And then when a water tank full of bodies is discovered, still no police. When in reality they would have been tearing the place apart.
I also thought the bath was pretty obvious, under it would be one of the first places I would look.
IMOP definitely lacking the quality of the earlier series.

lotvic 01:08 02 Jan 2009

I agree, it was a bit of a washout ;-)

Condom 01:53 02 Jan 2009

Yes I agree with all these things but it was still better than most of the other offerings over Xmas. The editing was a little off and clearly had the problem of trying to fit into a time slot.

Now what exactly was the answer to the birds flying into the windows?

crosstrainer 05:43 02 Jan 2009

I'm not a great TV watcher, and as we all know, Christmas offerings are thin on the ground.

I was looking forward to Dr. Who (not good at all I thought)

And the Top Gear boy's Special (equally disappointing)

Ho Hum.

johndrew 10:36 02 Jan 2009

Could it be that either they are still smarting from what Harold Wilson said or maybe his comments have just fed through!!! click here

Legolas 10:53 02 Jan 2009

I am a massive fan of Jonathan Creek and was really looking forward to it. I agree about the lack of realism concerning the police and the rather simple explanation of the "Nightmare Room" but I still enjoyed it, and as Condom says in comparison with most of the other Christmas offerings it was still very watchable.

oresome 13:50 02 Jan 2009

It was light entertainment. Don't think too hard.

The dead bird wasn't laying under the window Jonathan believed it had hit, leading him to the conclusion that the room he been in wasn't in the location he thought.

Why was the water so clear despite the rotting corpses?

bremner 16:24 02 Jan 2009

"Why was the water so clear despite the rotting corpses?"

It was light entertainment. Don't think too hard ;o)

interzone55 16:56 02 Jan 2009

I've just watch it and thought is was pretty good, considering some of the other dire fare on offer this festive period...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone