John Frusciante voted modern guitar hero

peter99co 15:51 10 Apr 2010

click here

Do you agree?

bremner 16:16 10 Apr 2010

"Prince, Jack White, Radiohead's Jonny Greenwood and REM's Peter Buck were also in the top 10"

That sums up this poll!!!

PILECAP 17:47 10 Apr 2010

"So I'm still struggling to keep up. I definitely don't put myself in the legend category."

Can’t say I blame him for saying that, as long as the likes of Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Eddie Van Halen, John McLaughlin and Allan Holdsworth are still alive.

Forum Editor 18:02 10 Apr 2010

no,I don't.

He was voted 'best guitarist of the past 30 years' by some of the 30,000 people who responded to a BBC 6 Axe Factor online poll.

That doesn't mean he is the best guitarist. He's a good guitarist, certainly, but there are others I like better. That's the way with polls, the people who respond to them are the ones who get counted, and good luck to John Frusciante - he seems like a nice guy.

Clapton is God 19:39 10 Apr 2010

John who???

Can I assume that the names of all 10 of these so called 'guitarists' were picked, at random, out of a hat by a drunk one evening?

dukeboxhero 20:58 10 Apr 2010

Dont think i would have any of them in my top 10

dukeboxhero 21:03 10 Apr 2010

Always surprises me that Tommy Emmanuel is never in these polls
click here

peter99co 22:01 10 Apr 2010

Glad you think as I do.

onionskin 22:43 10 Apr 2010

click here
What's the point of voting to put somebody else's list into an order of preference?

Quickbeam 08:24 11 Apr 2010

Of The Red Hot Chilli Peppers, but the most prominent part of their unique sound is by Flea, the bass player.

mr simon 10:44 11 Apr 2010

I'm sure there are guitarists that people will prefer over John, but for technical ability and such a broad range of style, number one spot seems about right.

Morello made 5th, he shouldn't have even made list. His riffs are fantastic but I feel like turning the stereo to mute whenever his solos appear.

In fact, the more I look at the list, the more it seems people have just picked their favourite bands and ignored the point of the poll.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017