Joe is coming to Devon

lofty29 22:43 09 Nov 2008

Have just managed to book some seats for Joe Longthornes show when he comes to north devon next april. My wife and myself have been fans of his for many years and travelled to blackpool to see him last year. A wonderful entertainer and fantastic guy, even when he was receiving treatment for his illness he still performed so as not to dissapoint his fans.

dagnammit 22:50 09 Nov 2008

Joe Longthornes ?

lotvic 23:11 09 Nov 2008

well I am surprised click here and learn all about him :))

lofty29 you are in for a treat

Forum Editor 23:25 09 Nov 2008

I have never heard of him.

MAJ 23:36 09 Nov 2008

Is he still on the go?

Brumas 23:46 09 Nov 2008

When he did his Shirley Bassey impression he sounded more like Shirley Bassey then Shirley Bassey herself, he even had her mannerisms off to a tee!

lofty29 09:27 10 Nov 2008

A lot of people have not heard of Joe, but he is truly one of the best, I would rank him at least the equal of Frank Sinatra. As his website say's his illness kept him from the fame he so richley deserved, not only has he a wonderful voice but his impersonations are wonderfully entertaining. It is very rare for him to come to this part of the country, so it is very exciting for us to be able to go to see him, but every year his shows in blackpool are sellouts.

Clapton is God 11:05 10 Nov 2008

"I would rank him at least the equal of Frank Sinatra"

Frank Sinatra???

A man who seemed to have a large fan base but, in truth, couldn't sing but was very good at TALKING along to music.

Things must be really bloody desperate on the entertainment front in Devon if you have to use Sinatra as a comparison.

Are you also a fan of that other 'entertainer' who was popular in Blackpool - George Formby?

wee eddie 15:26 10 Nov 2008

we know that he's better than Sydney Devine!

Toneman 15:43 10 Nov 2008

Is this the pub or the entertainer? He doesn't seem to come south, where in N. Devon?

The Brigadier 16:03 10 Nov 2008

Joe Longthorne is still alive!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone