Job vacancies for 'Sandwich Artists'

Dragon_Heart 03:54 11 Sep 2015

The question is has Subway advertised the most ludicrous job title ever conceived ?

click here you seen any 'better' job adverts ?

Have

spuds 10:24 11 Sep 2015

It still baffles me how celebrity chef's can turn out a fantastic meal in half an hour, with very little preparations ;O)

Ungus 11:19 11 Sep 2015

Having had to take as we say up here "pieces" to work every day my good wife should apply as after 40 years of making my pieces she had to become very creative as there is only so much you can do with cheese, ham, corn dog, and if I was lucky roast beef. Just another example of nonsense job descriptions but it does make you smile.

Forum Editor 12:30 11 Sep 2015

It's just another silly term, although I have to say that on the few occasions I have eaten Subway food it has looked very good indeed. It tastes good, too.

It's a bit like the daft craze for calling anyone who cobbles together a quick cup of coffee in a coffee-shop a 'Barista'.

wee eddie 12:46 11 Sep 2015

I cannot imagine how a Company can consider describing someone as an Artist, when they are required to make an item look almost exactly like the photo in front of them.

However, if my Career ambition was to work in Subway, I would be happy to be describe as a Sandwich Artist

Forum Editor 15:24 11 Sep 2015

This is another of those daft stories which are not of any importance or of much interest.

BT 17:43 11 Sep 2015

when they are required to make an item look almost exactly like the photo in front of them.

Really! How often have you ever seen something that even resembles the Ad picture. Burgers are the worst culprits. The ones in the ads are always about 3 or 4 times the size of the one that turns up in your 'Meal'

bumpkin 18:19 11 Sep 2015

"pieces" to work every day

Must have been a dangerous job, were you a soldier?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?