Japanese Tsunami footage

Al94 13:31 12 Nov 2011

Someone sent me this link this morning which I thought I would share, incredible HD footage of Japanese earthquake and Tsunami earlier this year http://www.flixxy.com/japanese-tsunami-viewed-from-a-car.htm

rdave13 13:48 12 Nov 2011

Frightening how sudden it was.

gengiscant 14:37 12 Nov 2011

Scary footage,but what was even scarier is the speed in which the Japanese started to repair/rebuild the damaged infrastructure.I give you Road repair. In this country our leaders would be discussing the setting up of an inquiry and /or committee,in six days we probably would just about have agreed that indeed the road was damaged but that further examination by experts would be needed before a decision could be made on the best way to take things forward.

Woolwell 14:41 12 Nov 2011

Thank you.

morddwyd 19:33 12 Nov 2011

Truly terrifying.

lucky1 19:55 12 Nov 2011

Horrific footage.

Aitchbee 19:48 13 Nov 2011

I have not looked at the film footage, but I wonder if the massive,speedy, reconstruction of the Japanese main roads was undertaken by local builders, only...I guess so, because of the rapidity and efficiency of the recovery.

Aitchbee 19:59 13 Nov 2011

I am just re-iterating what gengiscant said, yesterday.

I am observing the resurfacing of a main road where I live. It's a very, demanding operation.

onthelimit1 09:18 14 Nov 2011

Six days to repair that road is truly amazing. Shropshire Council could learn a lot from the Japanese (a small bridge was closed for a month recently for repairs!).

spuds 11:30 14 Nov 2011

You just cannot win on this one, because in my opinion I was stating in another post about how Japan coped with incidents of this type, yet the forum editor seemed to suggest that it was a disgrace, and civil unrest was evident?.

Seeing and experiencing what mother nature can throw at you, and at the same time, the human race is able to bounce back is a great achievement in itself, and I think this incident as proved that, perhaps more so with the evidence being provided.

The same is perhaps with some other countries, that cope with landslides or train derailments on a regular basis. Had that been the UK, it would have to take a committee and sub committee to approve the next move, irrespective of the inconvenience or delays to the public that would bring?.

I wonder what this winter will bring, when we have the wrong type of snow, sleet, ice or wet and everything comes grinding to a standstill?.

Forum Editor 11:58 14 Nov 2011

"the forum editor seemed to suggest that it was a disgrace, and civil unrest was evident?."

There has been a great deal of criticism from Japanese people over the way that their government has handled (or not handled) the recovery operation.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017