The Japanese are planning to..

Stuartli 07:51 28 Jul 2005

..build the world's most powerful supercomputer, 73 times faster than the present holder, IBM's Blue Gene.

According to news reports, the new kid on the block will be capable of processing approximately 10 quadrillion instructions per second.

Amongst planned usage will be to simulate the formation of the galaxy, track climate changes and measure human reaction to the latest drugs.

If you want one, better start saving up now...:-)

More info on the best of the best at click here - check out how your new Pentium P4 HT and nVidia GeForce 7800 GTX system compares and weep....

Al94 09:05 28 Jul 2005

They are also planning to develop lifelike female androids click here could be useful when perfected!

€dstowe 09:22 28 Jul 2005

Wouldn't a female android be a gynaeoid or am I being too pedantic?

joe95 22:21 28 Jul 2005

would it be like DATA in Star Trek if so the mind boggles.

Completealias 02:17 30 Jul 2005

Hohum i'll just sit here will my p4 takes 2hrs to covert a 40min video to mpeg and dream LOL

SurfMonkey _#:@}™ 04:52 30 Jul 2005

hope the female andriod can cook my misses cant

Mr Mistoffelees 21:45 30 Jul 2005

when will the Japanese design a corned beef tin that does not cut your fingers when you try to get the meat out?

Stuartli 22:40 30 Jul 2005

A strange question, especially as the vast bulk of corned beef comes from South American countries.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 00:36 31 Jul 2005

Japanese solved that one -- they do not eat corn beef

and sushi comes in rolled leaves :0)

Sapins 17:12 01 Aug 2005

Open both ends and push the meat out.

Ancient Learner 22:00 01 Aug 2005

In the '50s when my Dad had a grocers shop, we found that the best way to get meat, of all kinds, out of a tin, and here we are talking about a commercial sized tin with meat, including Corned Beef, which he sliced up for sale, was to remove one end of the tin, punch a hole in the other end, and, wit a deap breath, blow the meat out, worked like a dream!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?