'Ivor the Engine' dies...

Quickbeam 07:50 09 Dec 2008

Well Oliver Postgate , the creator has. I'm of the age that watched his short films that were on just before the news, I'm sure my dad used to get home just in time specifically to see them too...
click here

Quickbeam 08:02 09 Dec 2008

Meant to put this link on click here

And for the health ans safety zealots try this one click here ... I'll not get much done this morning now I'm working through these:)

Picklefactory 09:57 09 Dec 2008

I must have watched most of his stuff as a kid, loved 'em.

The Brigadier 10:27 09 Dec 2008

Ivor the Engine, Bagpuss, the Clangers and Noggin the Nog.

A sad day indeed:-(

wiz-king 10:35 09 Dec 2008

When do the repeats start? Only 13 episodes of Bagpuss to watch.
The 'new' X factor?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:11 09 Dec 2008

B****r thats my capping limit exceeded for this month.

Bring back Nogbad the Bad. the best villain ever
:0)

egapup 19:02 09 Dec 2008

Loved his voice.

Legolas 19:35 09 Dec 2008

the Clangers and Noggin the Nog brilliant. I was a bit old for ITE

SB23 21:20 09 Dec 2008

When I saw the sad news yesterday, the first thing I thought of was "The Clangers".
My 4 boys just looked at me, as if I was mad, when I said thats what I grew up with, not forgetting Ivor the engine of course.

ronalddonald 23:56 09 Dec 2008

to hear thats hes gone. A great man indeed, cheered many young children in his time. Saw Ivor the engine when i use to finish primary school, i saw the clangers when i was ill at home and bagpuss too. Chee Kow Chee kow twoot twoot That was the sound of Ivor the Engine.

Alas another sad day for us all. If all children could see these children's programs they would learn a sense of passion and in-stillness and may be even appreciate were the older generation came from. In-stillness stillness within as you watched these awesome kids programs and appreciated them.

Quickbeam 06:28 10 Dec 2008

"I was a bit old for ITE"
I spent 4 hours watching them yesterday aged 52, that more interesting than Christmas shopping... which sadly I still have to do.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?