I've received an angry email

Forum Editor 08:25 10 Sep 2007

from someone who wants to know how long it's going to take us to sort out what he calls the "My postings farce". He suggests that we're uing it as "a ploy to keep people on the site longer"

As I've already said, we are working on this, but we have many websites to run, and problems are dealt with in rotation. We'll get to this as soon as possible, but nothing could be done over the weekend.

In passing, I've used the site for almost seven years without once referring to 'My postings' - I've got used to doing things without it. I know it' irritating when things go wrong, and wanted to reassure those of you who are waiting that we're not just sitting around twiddling our thumbs.

interzone55 08:29 10 Sep 2007

I love the way some people twist everything into a conspiracy against them.

I use my postings often to check if any threads I'm following have been added to, but this outage isn't the end of the world. Especially as Speaker's Corner is quite slow at the moment, so it's easy to follow threads.

techie4me 08:31 10 Sep 2007

Sounds all a bit George Orwell & 1984.

DrScott 08:33 10 Sep 2007

if it's of any consolation, I'm one forumite who most certainly is not angry. It's just one of those things. Really, life is too short...

anskyber 08:33 10 Sep 2007

Whoever it is, needs to get out more.

Jak_1 08:39 10 Sep 2007

As far as I can recall, I have never used the 'My Postings' facllity. I can remember where I've posted. Can't understand someone sending an angry email complaining especially when use of the site free of charge!

Chegs ®™ 08:46 10 Sep 2007

I have a problem with my postings,but I fail to see how anyone can get annoyed about it.Its a website(a big website I'll admit)thats users are in the main extremely nice,and being so big its going to take a little time to fix.Oh dear,what can I do about it on a weekend...zilch as PCA admin have real lives too.I hope the guilty party reads this thread and feels thoroughly ashamed of themselves,fancy emailing the FE an angry retort.He/she should have emailed the PCA admin who's job it is to fix the problem in a calm polite fashion(whatdyamean its more than one persons job?)and then sat back to await a result. :)

I was going to create a lengthy post,but its early on a monday and my brain aint fully awake yet.

I very rarely refer to "your postings",I bookmark postings that are likely to be of future reference in folders.
Av/spyware
networking
browser info
back up/maintenance
product info/offers
tips n tricks
dvd/audio related
currently watching etc
Its far easier than trawling through pages of previous postings,plus i can bin them anytime i like.

Chegs ®™ 09:34 10 Sep 2007

Those who have been here awhile have found workarounds for the little foibles of such a huge site as PCA,like copying postings before hitting the "post response" button,etc. :)

Chegs,
totally agree:-)
ive got 3 years of postngs,thats bad enough to trawl through..never mind the guys and gals who have been here from the start!

silverous 09:46 10 Sep 2007

I use my postings but hey, sometimes things don't work. I think the emailer needs to find better things to do with their time, a bit of meditation perhaps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?