I've just had an audience

WhiteTruckMan 23:33 25 Feb 2007

with this guy

click here

Me, Mrs WTM and the twins. It was their birthday treat out, and I dont think they have laughed so hard in a long time. They love him from radio 2, but never knew what he looked like, but the strangeness aside, it was an excellent evening.

They didnt laugh much in the second half as I think they were all laughed out during the first! They just sort of slumped in their seats and made a sort of strangling, gasping sound.

Anyhow, thought I would share it. If he's coming near you, strongly recommended. Especially if you are a fellow grumpy old git!

WTM

Forum Editor 00:32 26 Feb 2007

goes to the Manchester library theatre homepage, which majors on a Tom Stoppard play. I'm sure you didn't mean him.

WhiteTruckMan 00:40 26 Feb 2007

because I checked-they must have changed it in that time.

try here:

click here

(thanks FE for pointing that out.)

WTM

Kev.Ifty 01:10 26 Feb 2007

It was Arthur Smith went I first clicked ya 'click here'

Ya know some of them Web Masters just cant sleep. lol

Arthur Smith click here

The Smith Lectures Very funny.

Bingalau 09:51 26 Feb 2007

Never heard of him, but I will keep an eye open in future. because I am one of those grumpy old gits. I need a good laugh now and again to cheer my wife up. My kids think I am the original "One Foot In The Grave" fella, (forgotten his name naturally). Thanks for the link.. ..Bingalau..

Bingalau 09:52 26 Feb 2007

P.S. Just remembered "Victor Meldrew" ..Bingalau..

anchor 10:06 26 Feb 2007

I too was puzzled by your first link.

"Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead" would not have had me rolling in the aisles.

spuds 10:38 26 Feb 2007

Ken Dodd is doing his annual pilgrimage to my hometown very shortly. As usual, most of the tickets have already been sold. Now there's an entertainer who doesn't clock watch, and set his stage performances to a fixed schedule.

One thing that I have noticed, is the uncanny resemblance of Arthur Smith to that of the chap in the BBC Dragons Den programme.

Apologies to WTM for mentioning this.

PalaeoBill 17:26 26 Feb 2007

forum member

I presume you mean that Rosencratz & Guildenstern Are Dead is a funny play in the same sense that Hamlet is! That is, it has a joke in it so it must be.

SB23 18:58 26 Feb 2007

He was good in the "Backwards" episode of Red Dwarf, and its still funny today, well I think so.

Mr Mistoffelees 19:00 26 Feb 2007

I have listened to Arthur Smith many times on Saturday lunchtime, Radio 2. Always very funny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?