I've been tinkering again

rawprawn 17:28 30 Jan 2008

I have 4 email addresses and when I hit Send/Receive 2 of the would not receive (I have done nothing honest guv) I tried all I knew without success, but the 2 in question just sent OK but kept saying "Processing" on the return journey.
Eventually tried System Restore twice, no luck.
Then the big Hammer, Acronis Backup, no luck and now cannot update Windows Defender.
Cure the Defender problem and get update working.
Outlook still faulty
Go to BT and delete all incomming emails, This worked a treat. Yet another afternoon spent rectifying faults which really were not there!
Oh Hum.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:44 30 Jan 2008

Still not learnt your lesson after all these years?

Is there a Rehab for tinkers?

:0)

rawprawn 18:59 30 Jan 2008

Been there, done that, got the recovery CD -:))

laurie53 19:58 30 Jan 2008

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it"?

What sort of philosophy for life is that? What then, pray, is the point of having it?

sunny staines 20:01 30 Jan 2008

its all a learning curve and addictive fun, just gets a little stressful when things go awry.

rawprawn 20:46 30 Jan 2008

Yes and I still have a problem, as soon as any mail goes into my BT Yahoo address Outlook stops receiving and just shows "Processing" until I delete it then Outlook sends and receives OK

sunny staines 20:52 30 Jan 2008

rawprawn

do you have any security checking email that may be playing up.

rawprawn 20:52 30 Jan 2008

Don't undrestand it, I have just sent Test Messages from each account and they all came through OK. If I can't solve it I will post tomorrow in the Helproom.

rawprawn 20:53 30 Jan 2008

Yes I have NOD32, but it is the same if I turn it off

rawprawn 20:55 30 Jan 2008

I have also just received a "Response to your thread" from PCA. I don't understand it, I had to delete 2 ealier ones.

Demora 00:34 31 Jan 2008

I'm just waiting for someone to add a 'Tinkerers Forum' to the list

I ain't broke at the moment But tomorrow it could be......about to start playing with Linux. Just because I can.

LOL

D

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Comment afficher des fichiers cachés sur Mac ?