Its worth an Email.

gengiscant 12:00 23 Mar 2011

I recently received my gas bill which informed me that my direct debit payment was going up from£49.00 to £57.00 a month, a 16.3%, which I thought was unacceptable.

I emailed British gas asking for a detailed breakdown of the increase, I received a phone call the next day from a very nice woman who said she felt the increase was high and would send me a revised notification that the increase would only be £3.00 and hoped that was acceptable.

In the past I have had a bit of bother with British Gas so it was refreshing that my complaint was dealt with in this manner so promptly.

I wonder how many folks just accept any rise with out so much as a murmer.

So worth a quick email I think.

Covergirl 12:28 23 Mar 2011

The original £57 was a figure probably generated by an intelligent computer program.

Pit a brain against a computer and the computer might be faster but the brain makes sense.

Kevscar1 15:16 23 Mar 2011

I got one from my electricity supplier saying mine was going up by approx £20 per month and telling me they were refunding £150 overpayment. When I phoned she said it was because my electricty use had shot up in the last 6 months. I wonder why. Anyway told her to keep the overpayment and reduce the rise. Would have thought they would have offered to do that on the bill.

spuds 16:13 23 Mar 2011

"I wonder how many folks just accept any rise with out so much as a murmur"

Ask the same about other items like insurances etc.

Its called loyalty (except if you are a new customer?).

sunnystaines 16:22 23 Mar 2011

£49 a month do you use a lot.

beeuuem 17:45 23 Mar 2011

These things are relative click here
Where you live can have a big impact on youe bille. While I gather the South of England had a reasonable summer last year, in 'sunny' Edinburgh my heating was barely off.

beeuuem 17:45 23 Mar 2011

'youe bille' or even 'your bills'!

sunnystaines 18:09 23 Mar 2011

time to pack your bag and move south.

does your home have stone walls i understand this need a lot of heating to keep the damp out, seen a lot of these homes in edingbugh

DippyGirl 22:58 23 Mar 2011

Watson?
That said programs are neither intelligent nor unintelligent - programmers on the other hand tend to the latter

beeuuem 01:55 24 Mar 2011

No damp even though the walls are stone, I'm on the first floor of what in London would be called mews
with the ground floor being the garage.
I sort of accidentally ended up in Edinburgh after 20 years in Africa. I wouldn't want to move South thank you, even though I'm English.
There are compensations for the weather and once a decade we get a good summer. The next one is overdue!

sunnystaines 12:23 24 Mar 2011

we like some parts of scotland too, ayr,troon , edingburgh, fife.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?