It's time for lead underpants....

Hertz Van Rentyl 13:28 24 Oct 2006

...Now some "Research" has determined that your mobile phone knackers your Knackers so to speak.
The most helpful advice was to start a family as soon as possible before they drop off and roll under the sofa.

Jak_1 14:15 24 Oct 2006

earwig o again, lol.

Cymro. 14:19 24 Oct 2006

There are some people around here where that would not be such a bad thing, pity it is not true, well I hope not anyway.

Hertz Van Rentyl 15:04 24 Oct 2006

...unfortunately the article is true, whether the information stands up is another matter.
click here

€dstowe 15:05 24 Oct 2006

I think you're supposed to use the phone next to your ear, not between your legs.

Yet another piece of panic nonsense from, no doubt, a lower class, red top "newspaper" to go alongside fries your eyeballs, sends you deaf, addles the brain etc.

I can believe the last one, though. Never in the history of civilisation has so much pointless twaddle been uttered so often than when using these things.

johndrew 15:20 24 Oct 2006

Some people use a `hands free` kit (bluetooth headset or wired headset and mic) and leave the `phone in their trousers pocket.

Mobiles do transmit and are quite powerful so if you feel totally confident.......

If not it`s up to the individual to be cautious and/or limit the amount of time they spend microwaving themselves.

justme 15:20 24 Oct 2006

The article also states that it unlikely that the phone caused the problem but rather being sedentary is the cause.

Might I suggest that those people who use their mobile to call everyone could put their mobile down and rise up on their hind legs and WALK the length of the office or even to the next desk and then hold their converstion face to face.

This may also reduce the noise level in the office as most mobile users seem to think that they have to talk loudly when using a mobile as the person they are talking to is some distance from them.

Hertz Van Rentyl 15:51 24 Oct 2006

Just wait until XMax comes along, I reckon we will all glow in the dark then, sort of XMax lights.

Hertz Van Rentyl 16:04 24 Oct 2006

If Xmax really works then a couple of Duracell AAs, could power vast areas of transmission. Dont know what would happen when the thousands of antenna mop it all up though. Be an end to all these nasty microwaves but low frequency waves have problems too.

" Never in the history of civilisation has so much pointless twaddle been uttered so often than when using these things."

Oh how true but we all do it I suppose!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017