It's enough to drive you to drink

beeuuem 02:24 28 Feb 2010

but only if you can afford it
click here
A bottle of Bells whisky could rise from £14.79 to £23.73 while Gordon's gin, another favourite of middle-class drinkers, would increase from £12.79 to £21.17.

morddwyd 08:11 28 Feb 2010

The country has the biggest debt in memory, and the Telegraph predicts that taxes might rise in the Budget.

It's this sort of clear, incisive analysis that makes the British press so admired.

I wonder if petrol and tobacco might go up too?

This sort of speculation appears every year around budget time, some of it government driven - leak/postulate a rise of £9, but only actually increase it by £5, and everybody breathes a sigh of relief, not a howl of anguish.

Input Overload 09:01 28 Feb 2010

Driving through Chesterfield around 11pm last night with dozens of macho drunks. Half naked girls being sick at the side of the road. People wandering across a main road oblivious to traffic & police vans clearing the worst of them up it can only be a good thing. This country has a major alcohol problem.

Kevscar1 10:44 28 Feb 2010

The press are only interested in stirring things up and making themselves look important not the truth surely thats obvious to everybody by now.

sunnystaines 11:39 28 Feb 2010

someone has got to take grip of this country and tackle the debt.

putting up tax on booze,fags, VAT etc is much fairer that tax on fuel as fuel is essential to all, whereas booze/fags/VAT are luxuries.

but its no good sorting this till someone stops brown giving all away quicker than we can save it to every good cause he finds outside the UK.

Input Overload 11:48 28 Feb 2010

I do think natural disasters such as the recent two earthquakes are good causes for a still wealthy country in comparison to hundreds of others.

Pine Man 11:55 28 Feb 2010

'putting up tax on booze,fags, VAT etc is much fairer....booze/fags/VAT are luxuries.'

If you mean Vodka And Tonic by VAT I agree but if you mean Value Added Tax I disagree as not all goods that attract VAT are luxuries.

Input Overload 14:46 28 Feb 2010

Some of the Alco-Pops? I tried once when on holiday are similar in taste & effect to when I once accidentally swallowed a mouthful of Listerine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Comment afficher des fichiers cachés sur Mac ?