It's download day - or will be, this evening.

Forum Editor 12:09 17 Jun 2008
  spuds 12:18 17 Jun 2008

I hope the servers do not have melt-down :O)

Think that I will wait a few days, and see what the general verdict turns out to be. At least there will not be any queueing outside the store with a bunch of readies in the hand.

crosstrainer 12:56 17 Jun 2008

I'm glad I'm not babysitting those servers! Think I'll wait until the wee small hours before trying!

€dstowe 13:22 17 Jun 2008

I'll wait.

wolfie3000 13:37 17 Jun 2008

Downloaded the new Firefox an hour ago and using it now,

I must say its 100% better now and the new features are amazing.

Only problem iv encountered is that my favourite theme doesnt work on this new firefox. :(

Apart from that all my other plugins and addons work well with it.

Some people might have to update there plugins, i noticed that Foxytunes and piclens needed updating.

pj123 13:57 17 Jun 2008

Listening to my local radio station (BBC Radio Norfolk) this morning.

There was a news item saying that the Internet is not far off melt down.

They then asked listeners to phone in and voice their opinion on:

"If this happened, what would be the alternative? Would you be able to cope without the internet?"

I guess I might be able to cope but it would mean no Credit/Debit cards. They wouldn't work, would they?

Forum Editor 14:06 17 Jun 2008

"Downloaded the new Firefox an hour ago"

That means you must have used the FTP server, and downloads from that server don't count towards the attempt to enter the Guinness Book of Records for the most downloads in a single day.

Mozilla is aiming to achieve around 5 million downloads, which will an amazing feat if it happens.

Stuartli 14:14 17 Jun 2008

Someone missed this thread!

click here

Forum Editor 14:17 17 Jun 2008

Who was that, then?

Stuartli 15:51 17 Jun 2008

Tongue in cheek...:-)

Managing ed 17:22 17 Jun 2008

click here

Still, there are worse things than being scooped by the Beeb. I'm downloading tonight, no fear. I'm actually excited, after the betas:

click here

Funny thing - Mrs Matt thinks this makes me sad. But is she a record breaker..? Well yes, as it goes, but that's another story!

Matt
PC Advisor

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?