It's Been A Nice Day Today

Bing.alau 15:46 05 Jan 2013
Answered

I've just got back from a very enjoyable day out. Drove the fifteen or so miles to Liverpool Town centre. Bought tickets for the Philharmonic Hall in May when the Royal Marines Band will be there for the Battle of the Atlantic celebrations. (70 years ago). Then carried on to Otterspool Promenade for a long walk and a picnic on a bench overlooking North Wales and the Wirral peninsula. The weather was glorious and the sun quite warm, people were out waking, cycling and running and there was a general atmosphere of fun with lots of children on their new bikes and scooters etc.

Us poor pensioners know how to live it up!

Bing.alau 20:13 05 Jan 2013

Sorry FE.

Bing.alau 20:15 05 Jan 2013

Nontek. In a word "No".

rdave13 20:33 05 Jan 2013

Bing.alau, I suppose it's the same as the myth of Liverpool being the Capital of north Wales. LOL. But was warmly given that name as years ago three Eisteddfods were held there and the population of Welsh people in Liverpool was high. It was also the nearest city that the then n Wales people could visit. I think John Lewis was a Taff that started there.

onthelimit1 23:10 05 Jan 2013

Thank you Nontek - I thought that on Speakers Corner jokey comments were expected, or even mandatory!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

How modern book design was influenced by illustrated manuscripts

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Les meilleurs logiciels de montage vidéo gratuits (en 2017)