Is it is women who make Christmas?

Cymro. 16:36 23 Dec 2010

Be honest now lads, if it was not for the women in our lives our Christmas would be very different and probably a much poorer affair. So although I am not a big fan of Christmas I take this opportunity to thank my wife for making Christmas what it is and has always been for me and my family over the years.

BT 16:49 23 Dec 2010

Mine forgot its my birthday today ;-{

Clapton is God 16:53 23 Dec 2010

Well, our 2 daughters each returned to the family home yesterday, for Christmas, from their respective homes at opposite ends of the country and, as we ate our first family meal together last evening for the first time in many, many months, I reflected how wonderful it was to have all 'my ladies' around me again. ;-))

gengiscant 16:54 23 Dec 2010

That really is sad, but no doubt you always remember hers. Maybe you should forget hers one year. On second thoughts, best not.

Forum Editor 17:03 23 Dec 2010

as far as I'm concerned is 'yes'.

I moan and groan about the expense and the fuss, but my wife just quietly gets on with organising everything and everyone. As a result we have a marvellous Christmas, and I'm eternally grateful to her for doing it year in and year out.

BT 17:04 23 Dec 2010

That's the problem with having a birthday so near to Christmas.
When I was a kid I used to get 'combined' presents, so I'm sort of used to it.

As to forgetting hers, that's not an option as its the same day as our wedding anniversary, but you'd think after being married for 38 years.....

Forum Editor 17:18 23 Dec 2010

I know that feeling, and it's certainly a good one.

peter99co 18:25 23 Dec 2010

Yes it is the ladies we should thank for keeping up the tradition. It is just a pity it involves so much retail therapy.

Our grandchilds Birthday is on New Years Day.

morddwyd 21:11 23 Dec 2010

"Is it is women who make Christmas?"

Not any more.

It's the retail trade and the press and television, with their constant exposure and exhortation to spend and eat which makes this such a consumerfest.

It's the women who bear the brunt of this pressure though.

carver 09:53 24 Dec 2010

Have to admit that if not for my wife Christmas cards would not be sent, those "little" presents would be forgot about, and if I had to wrap all the presents I would have to start about mid June.

Trouble is though you can bet anything you like that I have not got her the one present she "really" wanted, you know the one she mentioned to you in AUGUST.

wellshgit 11:46 24 Dec 2010

Sadly this will be my first Christmas without my wife who passed away in November. Thankfully we have four wonderful children, 3 daughters and 1 son, who are doing a fantastic job of helping me through it. I am going to my Son's for Chrismas day. I now realise how she organised everything from christmas card writing to shopping and gift buying. So I agree, women do make Christmas.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone