It Can;t B That Time Already, Surely?

morddwyd 12:16 07 Oct 2017

Just seen my first gritter, and me sitting here with all the windows open in a short sleeved shirt!

Aitchbee 12:47 07 Oct 2017

It might only be a dress rehearsal or warm-up as most of the gritting equipment has been in cold storage for months. [It balmy in Glasgow, btw.]

wee eddie 13:39 07 Oct 2017

Cold Storage?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:41 07 Oct 2017

It balmy in Glasgow, btw.

you mean its above 5 degrees????

Brumas 14:42 07 Oct 2017

Fruit Bat /\0/\, I must need new glasses, I read He's barmy in Glasgow so I assumed you were on about owd Aitchbee ;o}}

No offence intended old pal.

Belatucadrus 15:49 07 Oct 2017

And there was me thinking somebody was going to use the C word.

( The one with nine letters you smut mongers, really. )

bumpkin 16:37 07 Oct 2017

And there was me thinking somebody was going to use the C word.

Me too.

caccy 16:43 07 Oct 2017

I'm another one as well.

morddwyd 18:41 07 Oct 2017

Been on here too long.

I know better!

amonra9 19:16 07 Oct 2017

Talking of gritters, reminds me that our Welsh local authority has for many years stationed all its snow-ploughs and gritters on a barren bit of moorland up on top of the hills between Cardigan Bay and lowlands of Dyfed. This is obviously a well chosen site, since, when the first snows of winter arrive, guess which area gets isolated first ?????? Forward planning.........

morddwyd 10:27 08 Oct 2017

ammonra

This was the standard practice in Welsh Wales when I lived there, but they were stationed at remote hill farms so that the farmer could hitch up his tractor and clear his designated area.

It worked very well and I remember we were able to walk to school in 1947, when the snow was deeper than we were!

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires