ISP

rothes 21:23 05 Jul 2005

WE are a community ( voluntary) group, and have a room in a council office which houses our pc.
We would like to connect to the internet, on a dial up system, preferably pay as you go, as we only occupy the office occassionally, however as the office is on a business type telephone line, we are finding it difficult to get a suitable ISP, can anyone help. Thanks

spuds 23:46 05 Jul 2005

I am not quite sure as to your question, but I hope this helps. [1]Being on a business line should not make any difference for a dial-up connection, taking in consideration that no telephone communication will be possible when connected to the internet.[2]Many ISP's should be able to provide a service, but I think that a problem may accure with the line being possibly registered to a first/second party but used by a third party.So you will need an ISP who offers no fixed contract, but as you suggest a payg connection.You may find a suitable ISP from click here

I would also mention that this question should have posted in the Helproom, as you may get a better response.

wiz-king 05:06 06 Jul 2005

Not a problem, I have several pay-as-you-go accounts from ukonline click here I registered them in my name and home contact details and where they asked for the phone number that it would normally be used from gave them the business phone number.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleures tablettes 2017