Isn't technology wonderful

Legolas 09:37 21 Feb 2008

I am writing this thread from my laptop lying on my hotel bed on the Isle of Arran. The hotel has free wireless access.

In a couple of minutes I will get ready for my 10 mile hike along part of the coast of Arran and over the mountains down to Lochranza.

The weather is perfect for a walk along the coast, wet and windy, my favorite type of weather, although I hope the wind has lessened by tomorrow or I might not get off the Island, still I can think of worse places to get marooned.

recap 13:25 21 Feb 2008

We were on the west coast of Scotland last year and couldn't decide which part of Scotland to go to this year. You have made our minds up, I sent a link to my partner and she is already looking into booking a cottage.

User-1235809 13:41 21 Feb 2008

someone actually likes wet and windy? Give me sunshine

ps - yes, technology is wonderful

recap 13:52 21 Feb 2008

Last year we camped on Loch Lomond when the big storm hit, and yes it was wet very wet, lol

Jak_1 14:01 21 Feb 2008

Keep the wind and rain up there please, there's a good chappie :)

barca1 14:08 21 Feb 2008

Legolas..NIICE
enjoy it

oresome 14:49 21 Feb 2008

"Isn't technology wonderful"

Yes it is in the right place, but not on holiday on the Isle of Arran.

Isn't it even more wonderful to get away from it all???

Earthsea 15:07 21 Feb 2008

I'm also a wet and windy man and envy you. It's a bit breezy down here in Cornwall and might rain later on, with any luck. Enjoy your hike.

Bingalau 15:13 21 Feb 2008

We (three couples) were on holiday in a villa in Florida, a couple of years ago when we were hit by one of their famous Hurricanes. Electricity went off and we had no means of communicating with anybody. Luckily we had stocked up with plenty of booze and we ended up playing "I Spy" all night. We actually enjoyed the night with no TV, no phone, no noise except the forces of nature outside. But we certainly enjoyed putting the kettle on when the electricity came back on.

john bunyan 15:28 21 Feb 2008

There is a walk somwhere above Sannox Bay on Arran where you have to jump a 6 or so foot gap over a 200 ft drop. Quite exciting.

Diemmess 16:15 21 Feb 2008

... Spoiled a nice collection of dreams with that 6 X 200 foot idea.

I like heights only when there is something solid under me. No qualms about walking down the catwalk when the first Severn bridge was cable spinning, but there was 2" weldmesh to walk on with side panels obove a 400' drop.

A bit off this thread but the bridge was the first of its kind in 1962 so I suppose that was high tech!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?