Irritating TVAdverts.

Curio 19:50 16 Apr 2007

Who else finds some ads. irritating?
Our top 3 favourites, which draw comment every time are:- The female who can find nothing to wear, ends up wearing husband's shirt. 2. Female belabouring male regarding 100% compensation. 3. Young rep pushing banking ideas too big boss in the swimming pool. Products not mentioned - just in case!!!

laurie53 20:16 16 Apr 2007

Anything that contains animated things such as telephones, and anything with walking talking animals - normally used for selling insurance etc

Laurie

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:26 16 Apr 2007

Irritating TVAdverts

Yes they ALL are, hate the way the sound doubles when the adverts are on never mind the shouting (Cillit Bang), irritating jingles, twisted pop songs, adverts for cars that have totally nothing to do with the product they are selling etc......

big bloke66 20:31 16 Apr 2007

Have you been injured at a work place, or hurt in a public place.
You could be intitled to compensation.
God i hate those ads,for some reason they get right up my nose.
Ok rant over.

Bingalau 20:38 16 Apr 2007

It's the timing of some of those ads that annoy me.. Usually when the husbands are at work. designed to tempt the little lady into parting with her money.
As for the double glazing adverts. How they sell anybody the product I do not know, because I would avoid them like the plague. shouting and bawling irritates the hell out of me. I'm such a quiet peaceful sort of chap.

Whaty 20:41 16 Apr 2007

The deodorant advert in the supermarket.... "bow wisha bow wow"..... or something like that. I have to turn the sound off, or even change channels. Don't know why it irritates me so much but it does....

Terry

g0slp 20:54 16 Apr 2007

How about consolidation loan adverts during kids' TV programmes, or, even worse, on kids' programme channels.

You can just hear it.

Kiddie: Mum, I want the latest xxxx toy/gadget. It only costs £(lots)

Mum: No, we haven't got the cash.

Kiddie: But Mum, it's not a problem. There are lots of companies who will GIVE you money :-((

Pester power...

45 Mart 20:58 16 Apr 2007

All of them.

PurplePenny 21:02 16 Apr 2007

The woman who puts on her husband's shirt isn't just irritating it's downright daft. Everyone in the restaurant would be sniggering about the silly woman who forgot to put her jeans/trousers/leggings on.

€dstowe 22:19 16 Apr 2007

Irritating TVAdverts. - All of them.

ROYSTERO 22:37 16 Apr 2007

That double glazing advert with that clown shouting You know the one I mean? makes me reach for the off switch.Do they really think that will help to sell their products?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?