Ironbridge area, Shropshire

Bingalau 19:49 12 Aug 2010

Is it worth a visit, if so where is the best place to start?

Covergirl 20:07 12 Aug 2010

It's a big area with several centres of interest. When I last went there, the tickets were punched according to which centre of interest you visited and you could return at any time in the future - or was it within ten years?

click here

Ticket prices have risen considerably and are now valid 12 months but for multiple visits.

Well worth a vist I would say.

morddwyd 20:11 12 Aug 2010

I lived there, well Telford, for two years and never did get to see everything.

Start at the bridge, walk on it (if it's still allowed), and feel history (and I'm not generally reckoned to be a romantic!).

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:24 12 Aug 2010

Good place to visit

too much to see in one go spent all day in the Victorian town last time I was there.

peter99co 21:02 12 Aug 2010

They ran a free bus round the different sites and sold a Passport (when I last went)which allowed for you to visit at a later date any sites you miss on first visit.

Park at the visitor centre and off you go. Some of the sites may have limited parking and a recce of the Visitor Guide is well worth the trouble.

I have been six times now and it is still interesting to see the changes.

the hick 22:04 12 Aug 2010

We went a few years back, most interesting. Stayed in the YHA, the old Institute building, for couple of nights. Remember to tap the ribs of the Ironbridge with a coin, to seek out the hollow 'false ribs', which are there solely for symmetry, and not loadbearing. Tile museum on the tour as well. I must re-visit one day.

Kev.Ifty 22:44 12 Aug 2010

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?