Ireland What will happen if the Bailout Fails.?

Uboat 12:30 26 Nov 2010

Can anyone tell me please that IF the bailout fails what would happen to Ireland & how it would affect the uk.?
Thanks

UB

sunnystaines 12:43 26 Nov 2010

gets the elbow and the irish £ returns.

the poorer nations should not be in the euro in the first place they are just dragging it down.

I thought there was talk of belgium being dismantled and part being given away to france and the other to nederlands, if they go bust it will bring that to a head.

unless all rules, taxes & benefits are the same in each nation its never going to work

oresome 12:57 26 Nov 2010

Nigel Farage spells it out

click here

Quickbeam 13:23 26 Nov 2010

Same as if you lend a large sum of money to a family member and they can't pay it back... you get screwed.

Quickbeam 13:24 26 Nov 2010

"there was talk of belgium being dismantled and part being given away to france and the other to nederlands"
Don't let the Hun know of this, they just took it before...

Snec 14:17 26 Nov 2010

I am as anti EU as any other thinking man but this problem, like many other of todays problems, is once again mainly down to the maniac bankers throwing other peoples money about.

I agree that with the UK being under the control of the EU Ireland's problems will become ours too. Why not though - our money, yours and mine and generations to come, is given away willy-nilly to all and saundry, may as well include the Irish.

What will happen? On the present course there will be no end to it now. Let's hope someone, somewhere, sometime soon, can find the courage to change course.

sunnystaines 14:38 26 Nov 2010

the bail out queue stands

portugal next, followed by spain,belgium,italy, then GB.

spain will be large to bail out so it might all end when spain throws in the begging bowl.

what happens in the summer when greece and eire go back for second helpings.

sooner or later germany will say enough is enough and pull out altogether.

Uboat 14:56 26 Nov 2010

This is quite worrying!
sunnystaines when u said "spain will be large to bail out so it might all end when spain throws in the begging bowl" how do you mean "END".??

michaelw 15:34 26 Nov 2010

Even Soros is worried the world's ecomony might collapse.

“The collapse of the financial system as we know it is real, and the crisis is far from over,” Mr. Soros said at a conference in Vienna. “Indeed, we have just entered Act II of the drama.” George Soros.

I'm stacking my cupboards with lots of tinned food.

Al94 16:01 26 Nov 2010

This is also a worrying outcome resulting from the political fall out in R of I click here

Forum Editor 16:26 26 Nov 2010

is a load of pessimists whining on about how we're all doomed, and nothing will ever be the same again.

The one thing guaranteed to cause even more disquiet in the financial markets is a feeling of pessimism, or lack of confidence. We're all in a difficult situation, but there have been difficult situations before. We survived then, and we'll survive now, and talk about how "sooner or later germany will say enough is enough and pull out altogether." is absolute rubbish.

George Soros expressed an opinion, and other experts are saying exactly the opposite. The truth is that nobody knows what's around the corner, so there's no point in getting all despondent. The key is to work hard and concentrate on selling things to other countries. We can do it, if only we would stop weeping and wailing, and get on with it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?