internet shopping

fitcher 18:21 04 May 2005

according to a news report 5% of people have been dupped on the internet .(though I do not see much reference to that on these sites) .no one seems bothered that a lot of sites , do not show a phone number or contact address. and will not accept a cheque sale .there must be many people like me who have been sent the wrong items . I think they should have to show an address and phone contact .not quote an e mail

Hamish 18:31 04 May 2005

Fully agree. I am not one of the 5% but I do not buy from any firm which does not have a contact address and a telephone number.

PurplePenny 19:55 04 May 2005

They do have to! Any UK online retailer must, by law, provide full company details - name, a UK geographic address and an e-mail address. A telephone number is not mandatory.

wiz-king 21:38 04 May 2005

has nobody asked me! All these surveys on crime, insurance,schools etc and I have never been questioned, yet I get phone calls saying I have won a prize by filling in a survey?

nmiller 21:55 04 May 2005

there are really tight rules in place for e-commerce detaled in the Electronic Commerce Directive (EC Directive) Regulations 2002.

I'm researching this and I reckon that about 30% of small websites don't adhere to the regulations. I won't buy anything from a company that doesn't adhere.... for example by showing a geographical address. Loads of companies only show a PO Box..... if something went wrong, how would you contact them?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?