Internet Banking Fraud arrests.

birdface 19:57 29 Sep 2010

Supposed to have been carried out by a gang of Eastern European's

click here

Not before time that they were catching someone for this type of crime.

morddwyd 19:59 29 Sep 2010

"carried out by a gang of Eastern European's"

Even our criminality is being taken over by EU immigrants!

birdface 21:03 29 Sep 2010

This type of thing has been going on for years and getting worse every year.
Nice to see the UK police getting in there fairly quick and puting an end to the UK side of it.

"They recruited dozens of ‘mules’ who would allow them to use their accounts to pay the money into in return for payment"

Perhaps those emails that I get every week from my friend in Nigeria are genuine afterall!

Forum Editor 23:42 29 Sep 2010

that is designed to detect and prevent any attempts to interfere with or capture my online banking login information.

birdface 08:31 30 Sep 2010

It makes you wonder if it would be safer going back to the old days and keeping your cash under the floorboards.
It just sits in the bank rotting away and getting so little interest on it.
For all I have I do not need to worry to much about it.
I am a bit unlucky at times ,If I decided to buy Gold instead of putting it in the bank the gold prices would drop dramatically,If I bought antiques I would probably drop them.
If I put it under the floorboards the mice would get it.
So I have found the best thing to do is just to give it to the wife and she gets rid of it very quickly.

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:49 30 Sep 2010

I am somewhat confused as to how they hacked the accounts. Every time I access my accounts I have to use an independent numeral generator and 2 or 3 specific letters of my passwords which change every log-in (the letters not the passwords).

G

john bunyan 18:55 30 Sep 2010

If a teenager can hack in to the Pentagon etc there seems no really safe way of using this medium for personal finance.So far I have resisted on line banking but as one gets older it becomes more of a neccessity.

GANDALF <|:-)> I hope it is untrue but I read of a case of an "inside job" where the criminals had infiltrated a gang member into the bank's system control staff.

Forum Editor 20:32 30 Sep 2010

of using this medium for personal finance."

Your bank will refund any money that is fraudulently taken from your online account, provided you haven't negligently compromised your login details.

How you could be safer?

morddwyd 07:13 01 Oct 2010

Any serious hacker is after more challenging tasks than an individual's bank details.

birdface 08:07 01 Oct 2010

Looks like they are also using your mobile phones to hack your account.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?