Interesting book review

natdoor 08:43 14 Dec 2010

This book review might prove interesting to anyone who has not got a totally closed mind /click here.

natdoor 16:48 14 Dec 2010

This review is by a professional economist. Many of the reviews on Amazon appear to be submitted by people with closed minds with an unknown degree of relevant knowledge who may not even have read the book.

OTT_B 17:25 14 Dec 2010

Saw the cover and judged the book to be unworthy of my attention.

I'm not joking. Something about GB makes me feel physically repulsed every time I see his picture.

I am Spartacus 17:31 14 Dec 2010

I enjoyed the review by Peter Oborne in the Telegraph click here

'...giving it to a friend for Christmas should be treated as a hostile act...'

'By the time the reader reaches the end of this book he or she is likely to have lost the will to live. Finnegans Wake is more readily digestible.'

peter99co 17:58 14 Dec 2010

Any unsold books should be recycled and turned into Christmas Crackers. Far better use!

Forum Editor 19:07 14 Dec 2010

has been that he's the world's biggest fan (and expert on) Keynesian economics, although I notice that he doesn't mention Keynes once in this review.

I'm not sure that his description of Gordon Brown as a " brave, thoughtful, and decent man" will ring bells with large sections of the British population, but I might be wrong.

natdoor 19:50 14 Dec 2010

I am Spartacus

Your quotes are rather selective from a reviewer who, despite his extreme right-wing views, has not been as critical as I would have anticipated.

fourm member

A critical review is what most people with closed minds would expect, so there is little point in trying to challenge them with a critical review.

FE

I don't think that it will ring many bells either, such is the level of bile and hatred aimed at Brown. But that is no reason not to try and get people to reconsider the matter.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?